The guys wrapped up most of the finishing touches on the fence project during the weekend. Erin and I are really excited about how good it looks. The front slat screen went up yesterday afternoon. As we pulled back in to our driveway from the White Rock Home Tour, we saw the completed screen for the first time. And it’s lovely!
Work left to do:
- Finish staining the inside-facing sides where needed, touch-up stain
- Touch up the screw marks on the house numbers (we may just leave it… haven’t decided yet)
- Landscaping (this is a biggie)
- Lighting (another somewhat biggie)
- Drip hose irrigation for the perimeter of the foundation. This is a not-so-sexy upgrade, but it’s super-duper important
- Picnic table for the back. We’re still figuring out a plan here, so stay tuned.